Christmas was just as good as Thanksgiving. Well, it was better. I had 2 full weeks off of work and I loved every minute of it! I was probably just as ancy and the kids at school on the last day before break. This was my first Christmas Break since High School and my first Christmas and New Years off for years!
When Christmas Break first started I was honestly a bit confused. I kept thinking it was Saturday.... seriously. Once Christmas Eve hit, I was busy and was able to keep track of the days. Christmas Eve consisted of cleaning the house, going to my Mother-in-Law's family for a late lunch/early dinner or Linner as I call it. We did a white elephant. The gifts we came home with was a fisherman game and some smoked salmon. It was fun to interact with Jeans family since the only times I've actually spent time with them were at 2 weddings and a baby shower. After finishing up over there we all returned home and with tradition ate pizza and then opened gifts. We draw names on the Krotzer side since there are a lot of people to the growing family. I drew Ricks name and Ron drew Ross' name. Kylynn had Ron and Desirae drew my name. Ron got some new shoes and I got some magnetic spice tins that I've been dreaming of but never bought because they are inexpensive so I always told myself I would buy them later. Desirae also got me a new set of white fleece sheets. Ron and I LOVE fleece sheets. From Rons parents we got a cupcake decorating book, and cute puppy prop that looks like Campbell, red fleece sheets and tons more stuff I can't remember. And yes Grandma and Grandpa Krotzer also spoiled their Granddog and Grandcats. They got tons of stuff! It was a very eventful Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning was spent opening presents from each other. I got Ron stuff for work like a new jacket that I caught him drooling over, an orange tie, 2 tie bars, a tie rack, and a reversable belt in black/brown. Ron got me the best ever gloves, scarf, and fuzzy socks. He also got me a pink ipod nano. I was very happy! One thing my in-laws gave everybody in the family was movie tickets so on Christmas day most of us went to see Avatar in 3D. I wanted to spend time with my husband but didn't really want to see Avatar but I went anyways and to my surprise it was actually very good! And I do mean I was surprised! I honestly thought it was going to be a science fiction crazy kinda movie but it wasn't. I really had fun!
Then on Sunday night when Ron got off work, we drove to Ocean Shores. My parents got us 2 nights there for our gift. We left when Ron got home so we wouldn't catch the morning traffic (yes by this time I was used to having the day off that I didnt believe other people actually had to work). We arrived at Ocean Shores around 3am and my mon already had the hotel key for us so we just got it from her and said good night! We were there from Monday the 28th and we left on the 30th. It was so nice to spend time with my parents and have that bonding time with them. Plus when we woke up on our last day there (the 30th) it was our anniversary! It was such a wonderful vacation from my vacation!
Then of course Ron had to work on New Years Eve so I spent it watching the space needle special on tv and Ron spent it driving home. And that was how my first Christmas Vacation was spent! And with that, Happy New Year to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment