Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Tired of Being Sick

It all started on the 30th of January.  A sore throat.  I thought I was fine since I didn't have a fever or any other symptoms.  Monday morning comes, still a sore throat but no fever.  Go to work.  Halfway through breakfast I get really dizzy and I can feel my fever shooting up - fast.  I go home (probably shouldn't have drove) and find a substitute to cover lunch.  I go to sleep.  I wake up around 2pm with a fever of 103.  I call into work and tell them I wont be in the next day.  I make an appointment with my doctor for the next morning.  Go back to sleep.  I wake up around 5pm and my fever gets up to 104.9.  I'm considering going to the ER but I don't want to drive and Ron is at school so I drink water, take more Tylenol and go back to bed.  Go to the doctor the next morning, strep.  That's great.  Just great.  Throat is still killing me and the headache might just kill me faster.  I fill my prescription and go home.  I return to work the next day.  Thursday night, I am watching TV and all of a sudden I can't hear anything out of my left ear.  The next few hours are followed by pain in my ear and no sound.  All of my symptoms from strep have gone so I don't know what could be the problem.  I try to ignore it thinking it will come back soon.  Wrong.  Saturday morning I wake up to find that my ear has been bleeding.  It bled all day Saturday and into Sunday morning.  Ron takes me to the ER.  This is Sunday February 6th, 1 week being sick.  I like Madigan but I don't want to be there.  I want to be in bed, sleeping.  Finally, I see a doctor.  The infection has traveled to my ear.  Great.  Just great.  I don't have a fever, I don't have a sore throat, and I don't have a headache.  I simply can't hear anything out of my left ear.  Not to mention the pain in that ear.  It hurts.  More antibiotics.  Lots more.  Go home and go to bed.  I need energy to be able to work and I don't have any.  Fast forward to today, the last day of February, 4 weeks being sick.  I can hear mostly out of my left ear.  Finally.  I never thought this day would come.  I can still tell I haven't gotten all my hearing back, but I'll settle with most.  The thing that is killing me now - ENERGY.  I have no energy.  I can sleep 10+ hours a night and by the time I go to bed at 9pm the next night I am exhausted and my joints are killing me.  I am crabby and don't want to talk to anybody while I am at work so I mostly just ignore everybody.  I am tired of being sick.  How long is this strep going to kick my butt?  I want to be normal again.  For 1 day so I can get everything done that I need to.  Maybe tomorrow... :-)

No comments: