Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project: Stove

One of our goals when we bought our house was to replace the pellet stove with a wood stove.  For one, the pellet stove did not work.  The part alone to fix it was almost $300.  So, for the last year-and-a-half it has been a decoration in our living room.  We honestly thought it would be awhile before we were able to find a wood stove that was inexpensive and in good condition so we wrote it off.  Last summer we managed to get a hold on one.  We sanded it down and repainted it black to go with our living room.  It has been sitting in our garage since July.  Well, Ron has been in Texas since September so for his birthday his brothers, Jean, Dwayne, and I tore out the pellet stove and installed the wood stove.  Ron had no idea until he came home for Christmas.  He loved it!  The fire was going when he walked in the house.  He was so excited!  Not to mention that he also got a PS3 for his birthday.  He was one happy fella!  Here is the "before" and "after" photos of the stove.

                 Before (pellet Stove)                                         After (wood stove)                                 
I think it looks so much better with the wood stove.  I have been trying to decorate with a country theme since we live in the sticks and the wood stove fits perfect!  Instead of building a traditional hearth I wanted to stay as close to the country theme as much as I could so I went with red bricks.  It was easier to make and I think it looks better.  What do you think?

No comments: