I love love LOVE this cornbread recipe. We had hotdogs that were thawed out and needed to be used so I got the brilliant idea to make corndogs. I didn't have any sticks so I went on Pinterest and got this brilliant idea.
Cornbread
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin.
Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Use a number 20 disher (a traditional ice cream scoop) to evenly distribute batter between all 12 cupcake tins. Cut a hot dog into thirds and stick the hot dog right in the middle of each cornbread muffin. Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate for even cooking and bake for 10 more minutes. Mine are usually done by then, but some might need a little more time.
These were so good. In our house we go through mustard more than any other condiment. No exception with the corndogs.
Happy Baking!
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grandmothers-buttermilk-cornbread/

2 comments:
ummm I tried to make these and they did not look this good. They tasted good. But your's looks good lol
Keep trying! As long as they tasted good, you're on a roll!
Post a Comment